Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Style Find - Steve & Barry's

For those of you who don't know me IRL - I had a baby this summer in June. So I spent the majority of the summer in maternity clothes because although I lost some weight immediately, not everything was back into its pre-pregnancy place. Maternity clothes were just quite comfortable.

When September rolled around and it was time to go back to work, maternity clothes would no longer work. I had two, maybe three outfits that fit me and looked presentable for an office environment. Since I had lost some more weight, but not all of the baby weight, I also didn't want to spend a lot of money on clothes that will likely be too big for me by next year. Lucky for me, I found a store called Steve & Barry's. www.steveandbarrys.com

I had seen the advertisements for Sarah Jessica Parker's Bitten clothing line but had no idea that this store was near me. Even more surprising was how affordable it is - or can be, depending on what store you go to - more about that below.

I was able to get some really cute pants by Bitten by SJP for $8.98! No, that is not a typo, wool dressy, office suitable pants for $8.98. I think it costs me more to have them dry cleaned than what I paid for them. I also got a really cute black wool sweater - also $8.98.

Now the pricing at the store I went to got me all excited because this store had signs all over it - "nothing over $9.98." Later, I went to a different location, hoping to score some more great clothes and it was not meant to be - the other store was significantly more expensive. My same wool pants were $21.98. I asked the cashier if she knew why there was a difference and she had no idea. I was in between meetings so did not have time to contact the manager for further insight as to the vast pricing differences.

I plan to go back to the "nothing over $9.98" store, which for those in the Seattle-area is the Auburn Supermall location. Was this just a special sale or is that an outlet location? I will find the answers and report back on this. It is a smaller location than the Everett Mall location, so selection is not as vast.

The stores also carry a line by actress Amanda Bynes, workout-type clothes by Venus Williams, men's lines by surfer Laird Hamilton, Ben Wallace and Bubba Watson. They also carry children's, baby clothes and shoes. Check out the website for stores in your area - good quality, great style for a very reasonable great price!

No comments:

Gevalia

About Me

My photo
Seattle Area, Washington - the state
I am an attorney, working mom of 3, who loves a bargain, a great deal and freebies. Who doesn't want the best, for less? Come here to see my triumphs and budget tribulations, good deals and my take on what the good life can mean...