Friday, March 13, 2009

Biscuit Egg Bake

After getting lots of Grands biscuits a few weeks ago at the great Albertson's sale, I started searching for some new and creative recipes to use these up. I found this one on the Pillsbury site, modified it for us and it turned out delicious! This would make a fabulous brunch dish or if you do breakfast for dinner, which we often do.

3 Grands biscuits
5 eggs
1/2 cup water or milk
1 cup Veggies of your choice: I had some collard greens that I chopped and sauteed with 1/2 an onion and 1/2 a red pepper, both chopped
3 sausage patties, chopped
1 tsp dry mustard powder
Salt. pepper to taste

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 8X8 square pan with cooking spray. Cut biscuits into wedges and sprinkle 2 of the cut up biscuits into the pan. I used precooked sausage patties so if yours aren't precooked, I'd cook them 1st and then saute veggies in the same pan until cooked but still firm. Let cool. Whisk the eggs until slightly beaten and then whisk in the water or milk, mustard powder, salt/pepper. Stir in veggies, meat and then pour over biscuits in pan. Top with remaining biscuit wedges. Bake for 30-40 minutes until eggs are firm and top is slightly browned.

You can double this and use all of the biscuits from the can but since it was just my husband and I, I made it on a smaller scale. I thought about freezing part of it, but wasn't sure if the biscuits would tolerate freezing. If you try it, let me know!

The Grocery Cart Challenge is the home of the Friday Recipe Swap for all your cooking ideas! She's got a great post about drying your own fruit this week - I can't wait to try that. Check it out and cook something new this week!

1 comment:

Marge said...

What a great idea for canned biscuits! I bet this would freeze well....thanks for the recipe!

Gevalia

About Me

My photo
Seattle Area, Washington - the state
I am an attorney, working mom of 3, who loves a bargain, a great deal and freebies. Who doesn't want the best, for less? Come here to see my triumphs and budget tribulations, good deals and my take on what the good life can mean...