Friday, December 12, 2008

Target Trip


The Glade holiday scented oil candle deal is still working at Target and I was finally able to find a Target that had the candle holders in stock - woo hoo!
Here's what I got:
4 Scented Oil Candle holders $2.50 ea
2 Airwick Luminair Candles $4.99 ea
2 Reed diffuser sets on clearance (not pictured) $4.24 from $16.99!
Coupons used:
2 $2.50/1 Candle Holder Smart Source (I'm behind on my coupon clipping so not sure when these were in the paper)
2 $2/1 Candle Holder (found in the refills that I bought a couple of weeks ago)
2 $5/1 Luminair from SS
Prior gift cards used: $6.66
Total OOP: $4.91
Got a $5 gift card.
My original OOP ($9.25) seemed way high but I figured I was just miscalculating with the diffusers. Then I noticed on my receipt that the cashier actually charged me for a nail brush that the woman ahead of me bought - I couldn't figure out how my math was so off. So I went back and got a cash adjustment of $4.34. It definitely pays to keep an eye on the register although I'm not sure how I could have caught that mistake ahead of time.
I wish I had bought the other 4 candle holders that the store had because I hit 3 Targets today and none of them had any candle holders. I was going to get more refills but could only find 2 refills with the coupons in them. I'm going to try and hit at least one more Target tomorrow before this deal is done on December 15! Happy candle shopping!

No comments:

Gevalia

About Me

My photo
Seattle Area, Washington - the state
I am an attorney, working mom of 3, who loves a bargain, a great deal and freebies. Who doesn't want the best, for less? Come here to see my triumphs and budget tribulations, good deals and my take on what the good life can mean...