Thursday, November 20, 2008

Kudos to Target


I went to Target yesterday to get the Enfamil Lipil formula that is on sale for $24.99. When you buy 2 you get a $5 Target gift card. I had 2 $5 "checks" from Enfamil and 2 $2 off coupons from recent inserts that were coupled with a $10 rebate offer on 3. While shopping, I also happened across an endcap with the Glade Scented Oil Candle deal - buy 4 Holiday Scents and get a $5 gift card.

The cashier rang the formula first, gave me the 2 gift cards since I was purchasing 4 cans of the formula and then gave me the 3rd gift card for the candles when she rang those through. I handed her my coupons, which she started to ring through but when one of the $2 off formula coupons beeped, she questioned whether she could ring it through since it was a promotional item. She called the supervisor over and he told us both that coupons were not allowed on these promo items, which, to him, was confirmed by the fact that the register wouldn't ring them through without beeping. The store would not take any coupons except the 2 $5 "checks" from Enfamil. I responded that I had done these deals before with coupons and without a problem but they would not budge. I was on my way back to work and didn't have time to escalate to another manager so I paid and went back to work.

Now that I know how great these deals are and how it is supposed to work, the lost deal was nagging me. I called Target's customer service line and spoke with a great agent, Dell. I explained the situation to him and he was overly apologetic, that the store was absolutely wrong on this point. He asked what the value of the coupons were that the store would not take and said that he would send a $10 gift card to me for my trouble!

This is an example of a company that wants and appreciates my business and understands the value of us coupon shoppers! Thank you Target!

No comments:

Gevalia

About Me

My photo
Seattle Area, Washington - the state
I am an attorney, working mom of 3, who loves a bargain, a great deal and freebies. Who doesn't want the best, for less? Come here to see my triumphs and budget tribulations, good deals and my take on what the good life can mean...