Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Awesome Albertson's!



I read about this deal at Common Sense With Money - buy $25 worth of participating products and get a Catalina good for $5 off your next baby care order AND buy $30 worth of participating products and get $15 off your next order. Pampers Jumbo packs were on sale 2 for $20.

I wasn't sure if the $30 needed to be before or after coupons so I added some coffee (we're almost out anyway and it was also on sale) to make sure that my total was enough to generate the Catalinas. I also wanted to be sure that I got two sets of Catalinas so I did two separate transactions. When I went, I was a little bummed that I only had one measly $1/1 for the Pampers but figured it was better than no coupons at all. Imagine my great delight when there was one of those little automatic machines right at the Pampers display with $1/1 coupons spitting out galore!

Here's what I got:

3 Jumbo Packs Pampers $10 each
1 Tully's coffee $6.99
Coupons used: 3 $1/1 Pampers
Total: $36.69

Used 2 $5 Albertson's gift cards (rebate from the Jolly Time popcorn deal) on my 1st transaction for OOP of $26.69.
2nd transaction was identical except no gift cards, so $36.69 OOP.

I've now got $30 in coupons for my next purchases at Albertson's and $10 in coupons for my next baby care purchase! Thanks Albertsons - this is an awesome deal if you need to stock up on diapers and it is going to do wonders for me in stretching my grocery budget.


1 comment:

SavingSomeGreen said...

How long is this going on? Do you know?

Gevalia

About Me

My photo
Seattle Area, Washington - the state
I am an attorney, working mom of 3, who loves a bargain, a great deal and freebies. Who doesn't want the best, for less? Come here to see my triumphs and budget tribulations, good deals and my take on what the good life can mean...