Friday, January 30, 2009

Easiest Eggplant Parmesan

I really really wanted to give you more pictures of my recipe creations, but I am forgetful sometimes. And sometimes your husband goes to the boat show and takes your camera with him - which is why I have no pictures of this recipe!

Eggplant came in our organic veggie box last week. Most of the recipes I searched for involved breading and frying the eggplant but I wanted to try something a little healthier. Roasted eggplant was the conclusion. Of course all that cheese that you pile on top is very healthy, full of calcium, right?!

Easiest Eggplant Parmesan

1 eggplant, sliced into rounds
Garlic Salt
Olive oil
2-3 Roma tomatoes
Italian seasoning
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Brush a glass baking dish with a tablespoon of the olive oil. Place eggplant rounds into baking dish and make sure each round is brushed with a generous amount of oil. I actually just poured the oil over each one but in hindsight, brushing will ensure more even roasting I think. Sprinkle each round with garlic salt. Roast eggplant for 15-20 minutes until fork easily pierces the rounds. Top each round with a tomato slice, sprinkle of Italian seasoning and mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. I like to keep it in until the mozarella is totally melted and has the brown crispy texture.

Serve this as a main dish or a yummy veggie side!

Grocery Cart Challenge is THE place to be on Fridays! Find new ideas and delicious recipes from all over. Thanks for hosting it, Gayle - awesome job!

No comments:

Gevalia

About Me

My photo
Seattle Area, Washington - the state
I am an attorney, working mom of 3, who loves a bargain, a great deal and freebies. Who doesn't want the best, for less? Come here to see my triumphs and budget tribulations, good deals and my take on what the good life can mean...